+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Name Change Newspaper Ad

Calvinomen

Sep 10, 2018
Hi there everyone,

I am in a conundrum and was hoping someone who has gone through this process can help me. So, I am currently on a Work Permit. The surname section in my passport is blank therefore I am going to do a passport re-issue. The BLS website states that newspaper advertisements should be given in Indian and Canadian newspapers . So my questions are :

1. What exactly should the newspaper ad state ? There are various examples on the Internet but not one fixed example. I found this to be suitable.

"I , Calvin, son of (fathers name) , residing at (full indian address as per passport) have changed my name to (new name) with Affidavit dated (Date_Of_Affidavit) sworn before Notary (Notary_Name) "

is this good enough?

2. For the Canadian advert, should it contain the Indian address or where I am residing in Canada ?

3. Lastly, should it contain DOB?

If someone who has done this could post what they did it would be very helpful. Also if there is an existing thread with solution for this please redirect me to the same.

Thank you in advance !

Namechangeads

Oct 27, 2023
usually the ad matter is something like this which is very simple and accepted all over india and for all international purposes
Eg. - I, XXX S/o / W/o D/o XXXX Resident of XXXXX have changed my name to XXXX
Affidavit has been discontinued long back for name change ads since 2016. For more details speak to name change ads. Here you'll be getting more information for all india newspaper name change ads

Samir m patel

Apr 16, 2021
Hi ! Without any presence of person how the applicant get the affidavit to publish the advertisement in newspaper in india for name change.